Digital Making at home (with Raspberry Pi)

At the start of each week, we will share a theme that’s designed to jumpstart your journey of creative expression and problem solving where you create a digital making project you’re proud of. Every week, we’ll have code-along videos led by people from our team. They will walk you through projects from our free projects collection, to give you a place to start and a friendly face to accompany you!

I see there’s also a guide for the responsible adult:

Might be useful to list the various available models and their qualities

• pi zero is cheapest and smallest
  • pi zero W adds wifi, WH adds a prefitted 40 pin expansion for I/O
  • pi 3B+ is quad core, 1G RAM, has wifi, ethernet
  • pi 3A+ is ideal for embedded computing, smaller and cheaper than 3B+
  • pi 2, 3 and 4 are all-purpose, in increasing order of performance and need for high quality power supplies. Can be powered from the 40 pin header.
  • pi 400 is an all-in-keyboard computer, a tad faster than pi 4, still with the 40 pin expansion connector, but needs a separate (and high quality) power supply.

We will have a variety of Pi models available in the Tech Shed, for experiments and also so you can try-before-you-Pi for your own projects.

I see the latest issue of MagPi magazine (free PDF download) has some pi 400 project ideas. It’s also got a two-page article on PiTubeDirect, a retrocomputing project I had a hand in (although I narrowly miss
a name-check.)

1 Like