Toy Library System

All things to do with toy library project.

1 Like

@danny_hearn
@laneige1990
Atlassian JIRA allows you to easily setup and carry out Agile esque projects. Itā€™s Cloud based offering is free for upto 10 users. I recommend doing this for this project as it fits our use case better than trello.

I use Jira at work, so fine with that of we use it (slightly skews towards technical, but great to use).

An alternative (might be simpler, since the code is likely to live there) is using Githubā€™s ā€œprojectsā€ feature and issue tracking as itā€™s built into the code repo.

Iā€™ve only looked at GitHub projects briefly (has decent Kanban boardā€™s, workflows etc.), but the issue tracker is really good.

1 Like

(I use github for everything and itā€™s where I tend to find open source projects of interest to me. The issue tracker and the wiki are both handy, as is the cross-linking with commits, and of course the notification systems.)

Yeah JIRA seems to be used alot in enterprise, itā€™s not a repo though so we would still need to use github. You can link github with JIRA too link tickets with commits.
I have not explored the project bit of github myself, but if you can organise it in a sort of Agile esque way (tree like rather than Trellos post it note sticker system) that sounds good too.

Questions for the Toy Library:

Please feel free to add a question as a comment and I will add it too the document.

Needs sending to the toy library for answers once we have all the questions people want entered.

Session SitRep (19/02/2020):

Just some thoughts on a meta levelā€¦

• we should be having fun and learning stuff
  • weā€™d like to see happy ā€˜customersā€™ at the end
  • we could have a playbook for ourselves which helps us engage with people in a scalable way, so they are happy and they donā€™t need our support subsequently
  • we could have a playbook for a project which would help us - or other similar groups - roll out a similar system in a similar situation
  • whenever we choose a provider or a software stack, we could list a few alternatives
  • we should be able to tell our ā€˜customersā€™ what their costs will be, one-off and annually
  • we should be able to have them own all the accounts and passwords and be able to engage third party support if needed
  • we should position ourselves as a bottom-level solution at minimal cost and with minimal solutions: weā€™re not wanting to take business from local outfits who do this for a living