Virtual meetup (every other) Wednesday night

We’re on for tonight at 7 as usual?

Hey Folks,
Just wanted to offer my aplogies for last night. I had a long week of back to back zoom sessions combined with NCT zoom calls in eve in preparing for the new arrival. I meant to email out ahead and it totally slipped my mind. Perhaps in future we should consider a less dependable on one person approach for our weekly calls.

Thinking a conf call with no password or relying on host to admit people… I may be able to configure the existing link to do this in future so it’ll work whoever arrives

Sorry everyone, I won’t be able to make it tonight as I have a deadline for tomorrow and I’ll probably be working late. I hurt my back earlier this week so am trying to make up for lost time!

Ouch!

Everyone else: please join us at 7pm, we’ll convene at the usual etherpad and there’ll be a zoom link there. (We might need a series of 40min free mini-zooms but I’m sure we can cope with that.)

Summary

The Zoom link for tonight has changed and now requires a PASSCODE:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86348715757?pwd=Uy9FM2E3VlFBT0Y0WVROZEJ1YXhUZz09 Passcode: 174536

Hey everyone.

I’m not going to be there tonight - bad head/neck so feeling a bit rough.

There’s a quick cleanair update is over on the project thread

1 Like

How are feeling now?

Much better thanks @Laurentius

Our first Wednesday session of the New Year is coming up - tomorrow! Hope to see you (all) there.

Apologies, how did it go?

As ever, it was good to catch up with each other. We’re seeing only modest turnouts in these online gatherings, which isn’t too surprising, but we’re keeping the flame, and we have a space in which to share our technical findings and interests.

I think the spotlight idea is working well - we don’t always have one, and it doesn’t always result in a thread here, but it’s a chance to go a little deeper into something which is currently occupying someone’s attention. Recent spotlights have been about the log4j vulnerability, a Christmas tree programming challenge, and last night - one I missed - it sounds like the talk was about cleaning PCs with compressed air, a new model of 3D printer from Prusa, and an online AI service of some kind (WebGPT, openAI).

Just a quick reminder - our fortnightly online session comes around again on Wednesday. It would be good to see you there!

It’s that time again - join us this Wednesday on zoom for a catchup and a chat and possibly even a spotlight session.

Quick reminder - Techshed will be meeting on Zoom tomorrow at 7.

The regular fortnightly video call comes around this week - an hour with your Tech Shed buddies! Do join us, on Wednesday at 7.

Oops, a bit late to announce this, but tonight is the regular fortnightly video meetup.

And probably the last one before the year-end break. Have a good one everyone!

Tomorrow night, the first virtual TechShed meetup of 2023!

(This is one of those which clashes with Film Club, so Al and I will be absent this time.)

Bump! Meet-up online tomorrow night!