3D Printer & Printing

That’s a question for @Joe I think… doubt if we could print so much in one session and not sure about strength either. But we need an expert opinion!

Thanks Ed.
By the way, did you ever live on Willow Vale 20 odd years ago?

Hi Joe,

I have a couple of loo seats that are in great condition, but the hinges need replacing, would it be possible to say, print 5 pairs of *hinges? Also, do you think they’ll be strong enough?

*Perhaps there’s a super strong filament I could buy online?

[See the 3rd comment above this one for photos of hinge]

Not me! I think the first time I saw Frome was probably 10 years ago.

I expect they would be strong enough to hold a loo seat. I believe we have PLA and PETG.

There may be issues around cleaning. PLA is not very resistant to chemicals like bleach and the layers will result in a ribbed surface. Give it a go with PTEG though.

As for time, I expect it will be tight to design and print the parts in the session. I expect it will be a few hours to print.

Thanks for reply and and thanks once again for pointing out the chemical issues.

Ed, find attached your look-alike… Can you spot him?

By the way, I was hoping to pop in yesterday, my apologies.

I’d love to explore what 3D fractal shapes it is possible to fabricate, how many levels of Menger is possible, what are the machine size, resolution (?) limits?

Also, if you can build it in Minecraft can you print a scale model? Someone must have written some code for that?

(Do come along to our next Sunday session, and we can try it and see. It’s in three weeks time, though…)