Wednesday report: a bit of a backlog

Hmm, I see I haven’t exactly managed to report on every Wednesday. I can say we’ve had quite a few new people turn up over the last few sessions, and I (for one) welcome our new members. We’ve seen progress being made on Arduino and on Raspberry Pi, and a lot of getting-to-know-you chat.

Yesterday (2019-10-30) we had a visit from Deputy Mayor Anita Collier

As well as progress on Raspberry Pi and Arduino projects (further details welcome!) there were conversations going on in different corners of the space: about 3D printing, about Machine Learning and AI software, about various Linux distributions, about jsfiddle and W3schools, about old computers (and really old computers) and about the many and various sensors in our Arduino kits. And other things, for sure.

We had seven attendees, with apologies received from a couple of members - not that apologies are needed, but it’s always nice to know that people would like to come even if they can’t make it.

(The previous week we had eight attendees, and a visitor.)

Observations and comments welcome!

A quick report on this week’s session, 2019-11-06: we had ten attendees, three being first timers. One brought and demonstrated a laser display device!

There were conversational clusters around three ongoing personal projects: a small autonomous vehicle; a tiny and potentially battery-powered device with a camera and some rudimentary face recognition software; and a snowflake mobile recently made on our freshly-acquired-by-donation 3D printer.

There was also a conversation about Udemy’s Electronics for Robotics course, which is sounding pretty good - and especially good value if you can get the first-timer rate (clear your cookies!)

A couple of photos:

I missed a couple of weeks but here’s a mini report for this week, 2019-11-27 - a small meetup this time, only six of us, but an active session on the 3D printer and a huddle around the air sensor project, and with some progress made.

(That really was a mini report - perhaps more of a micro report.)

Ed, may I be so bold as to quote Thomas Paine.

“It is not in numbers, but in unity, that our great strength lies; yet our present numbers are sufficient to repel the force of all the world”

1 Like